Monday, February 15, 2010

Hi From Ali

Hey Everyone!!

I'm Ali, Mike and Linda's 17 yr old daughter. My parents called me yesterday to give me an update on how they're doing and asked me to tell you guys too. (Hope I get the facts right, sorry if I don't!) They don't have any Internet, and I don't know when they'll have it again, but they're doing well. They moved into the house Reach Global is renting, and they have one shower, and drinking water from a well. For now, they're sleeping on the roof of the house, under tarps (because of the rains). They did feel an aftershock a couple days ago, and that really surprised me! It's been about a month since the earthquake, but they're still feeling tremors.

One thing that my mom asked me to pray for specifically is the orphanages near them. My parents visited one on Valentines Day where 80 kids had died in the earthquake and only about 60 had survived. I can only imagine the poor shape those children are in right now. Another orphanage you can be praying for is a catholic one with about 1300 children. They're in a remote area with no way to reach them with supplies either by car or helicopter (roads are destroyed, and no place to land a helicopter). I don't know how much food and water those kids have, but please keep them in your prayers as you pray for my parents. Also be praying for the Haitian people as the rains are coming. Didease is going to be widespread with the poor medical care and bad water.

Thank you so much for your support! It means so much to my parents, and also to me.

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment